The Dudhsagar Falls and Spice Plantation Day Tour is one the most popular day tour from Goa. Cascading from a height of 1017ft , this four-tiered waterfall looks like an overflowing sea of milk and is the argest and highest fall of Goa. Located inside the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, you need to take a jeep safari to reach there. Swimming and trekking are two of the most popular activities one can do there.
For trekking enthusiasts 3 trails are on offer:
- 10 km trek through the forest
- 14 km long scenic trek from from Castle Rock railway station to the waterfall
- 11 km trek from Kulem railway station to the falls,
The visit to Spice Plantation besides letting you connect with Mother Nature , lets you know more about the spices that we use in our daily life. During the guided tour you will see trees of betel nut, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla etc.
- The timings for the Dudhsagar Falls are 6:00 am to 5:30 pm and are bound to change during the peak season.
- Spice Plantation is open from 12 noon till 5 PM
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls may be inaccessible in Monsoon season.
- The best time to visit is during October / November just after the monsoon(June-September)
- Private/Forest Jeep needs to be hired for Dudhsagar Falls from Forest Entry Point (additional cost)
- There are no shops near the waterfalls so carry food and water with you.
- Trekking not allowed during the monsoons.
- Those desirous of availing a trekking tour , do let us know in advance.
- Carry along sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, camera and wear comfortable shoes.
- Avoid wearing sleeveless clothes and shorts when entering the place of worship.
Full Day Tour of Dudhsagar Falls and Spice Plantation Tour
Leave early around 6 am to begin your day tour of Dudhsagar Falls and Spice Plantation. after a 3 hours journey, reach Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary from where you will begin your Jeep Safari Ride to Dudhsagar Falls. During this 12 km safari tour, you will passing through verdant forests and numerous small streams. Once at the falls, you can opt for a swim with life jackets or take photos.
Leave for the Spice Plantation around noon for a mouth watering Goan lunch. After lunch, you will go guided tour of the spice plantation. You can also opt for an elephant ride or an elephant shower (optional)
Late afternoon we will head back for your hotel in Goa, visiting en route the famous churches of Goa - UNESCO World Heritage site of Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se’ Cathedral ,St Francis of Assisi Church and the St. Augustine’s Tower.