Destination: Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady (Periyar)-Alleppey-Kochi
In this 6 Days/5 Nights Endless Backwaters Tour of Kerala, you will visit some of the important tourist destinations and sights of Kerala. This Kerala backwaters tour is suitable for families, couples and, solo travelers.
The tourist attractions of Kerala that you will visit in this backwater tour of Kerala includes:
- Kochi- Jewish Synagogue, St Francis Cathedral, Dutch Palace & Chinese Fishing Nets
- Munnar- Cheeyapara waterfalls, Valara waterfalls ,Karadi Para View Point,Blossom Park , Pothenmedu View Point, MattupettyDam, Kundala Lake, Echo Point & Top Station ,Eravikulam National Park, Munnar Tea Plantation and Museum.
- Thekaddy- Periyar wildlife sanctuary, Boating in Periyar Lake( optional)
- Alleppey-Houseboat stay.
Note: Extend this 6 Days/5 Nights Endless Backwaters Tour of Kerala by another 5-6 more days to include destinations like
- Varkala ( Janardana Swami Temple,refered to as Dakshin Kashi (Benares of the South), beaches) ,
- Kovalam (known for its beaches and lighthouse),
- KanyaKumari (Kanyakumari beach, Vivekananda Rock and Confluence of Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea)
- Trivandrum (Napier Museum, Shree Padmanabha Swami Temple) being the final departure point.
Day 01: Kochi Arrival and Sightseeing
Post your arrival at Kochi Airport/ Railway station, check-in to your hotel. After some rest, embark on Cochin Sightseeing tour covering attractions Jewish Synagogue, St Francis Cathedral, Dutch Palace & Chinese Fishing Nets. In the evening, enjoy the Kathakali
classical dance show.
Day 02: Kochi- Munnar (135 Kms/ 4hrs)
After an early breakfast, head for Munnar , visiting on the way the Cheeyapara waterfalls and, Valara waterfalls as well as the Karadi Para View Point.Check into the hotel and rest. After lunch, visit Blossom Park & Pothenmedu View Point before enjoying an evening stroll in the town. Overnight stay at hotel in Munnar.
Day 03: Munnar City Tour
Full-day for Munnar sightseeing whereby you will visit the Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, Echo Point & Top Station as well the Eravikulam National Park- which is the home of the Nilgiri Tahr (the Mountain Goat) and the first National Park of Kerala.
Evening visit a Munnar Tea Plantation where you can buy tea of your choice.
Overnight stay at hotel in Munnar.
Day 04: Munnar -Thekkady (Periyar) (5 hrs approx)
Checkout from the hotel after breakfast for Thekkady (Periyar). Visit Periyar wildlife sanctuary where besides seeing the animals in close quarters you can also go for a boat ride in Periyar Lake(at own cost). Overnight at Thekkady
Day 05: Thekkady – Alleppey (4.5 hrs approx)
Morning after breakfast checkout from the hotel for Alleppey. The road trip from Thekkady to Alleppey is very beautiful. You will be cruising threw narrow canals, rivers, lush paddy fields, backwaters & lagoons. Overnight stay at House Boat in Alleppey.
Day 06: Alleppey- Kochi (Departure)
Morning after breakfast, by 09.00 am disembark from House Boat and transfer to Cochin (95 kms/ 02.00hrs). Later transfer to Cochin Airport/ Railway station for departure with Happy Memories.